Andrew J. Newman
He joined IMES in 1996, having been a Research Fellow at both the Wellcome Unit for the History of Medicine, Oxford and Green College, Oxford, whilst researching topics in the history of Islamic medicine.
As well as a large number of academic articles on Islamic Studies and Persian History, he has authored two books: The Formative Period of Shi'i Law: Hadith as Discourse Between Qum and Baghdad (2000) and Safavid Iran: Rebirth of a Persian Empire (2006). (Reviews:)
- ^ Newman, Andrew J. "Dr Andrew J Newman". The University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- ^ Sanni, Amidu Olalekan (January 2009). "Safavid Iran—Rebirth of a Persian Empire". Die Welt des Islams. 49 (1): 143–144. doi:10.1163/157006008X313862.
- ^ Herzog, Christopher (May 2007). "Safavid Iran: Rebirth of a Persian Empire – By Andrew J. Newman". Journal of Islamic Studies. 18 (2): 259–261. doi:10.1093/jis/etm011.
- ^ "Winners of Iran's Book of the Year Awards announced". Tehran Times. 8 February 2008. Archived from the original on 29 April 2019.
- Profile at University of Edinburgh