Dick Jol (born 29 March 1956) is a Dutch former football 22 referee, best known for supervising three matches during the 2000 UEFA European Football Championship held in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Born in Scheveningen, South Holland, Jol started as a footballer and played several matches for NEC Nijmegen in the Dutch league, before moving on to Belgium where he played for the teams like Menen, Berchem Sport and KV Kortrijk.
Jol was the referee of the 2000 FIFA Club World Championship final between Corinthians and Vasco da Gama. He was the referee in charge of the friendly International match between the Republic of Ireland and England at Lansdowne Road in 1995, which was abandoned due to violent disorder from England supporters. He officiated his first international A-match in 1993 and his last official match in 2001, when he reached the FIFA age limit of 45. Jol was assigned the 2001 UEFA Champions League Final between Bayern Munich and Valencia, in which he awarded three penalties during the 90 minutes before the outcome was eventually decided via a shootout.
- ^ Bobrowsky, Josef; Beuker, John; Stokkermans, Karel (17 January 2004). "European Championship 2000 - Details". RSSSF. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- ^ Pontes, Ricardo (20 January 2000). "FIFA Club World Championship 2000". RSSSF. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- ^ Morrison, Neil (2 February 2005). "International Matches 1995 - Europe, January–March ". RSSSF. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- ^ Morrison, Neil (2 February 2005). "International Matches 1993 - Europe, April–June ". RSSSF. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- ^ "Match Report - England - Greece 2:2 (0:1)" Archived 4 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine. FIFA. 6 October 2001. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- ^ Arnhold, Matthias (10 January 2004). "The UEFA Champions League 2000/01 - FC Bayern München (GER)". RSSSF. Retrieved on 23 May 2013.
- Official website
- Former footballers become referees
|Preceded by |
No previous competition
| FIFA Club World Championship final match referees |
|Preceded by|| UEFA Champions League Referees |