A medical robot is a robot used in the medical sciences. They include surgical robots. These are in most telemanipulators, which use the surgeon's activators on one side to control the "effector" on the other side.
- Surgical robots: These robots either allow surgical operations to be carried out with better precision than an unaided human surgeon or allow remote surgery where a human surgeon is not physically present with the patient.
- Rehabilitation robots: facilitate and support the lives of infirm, elderly people, or those with dysfunction of body parts affecting movement. These robots are also used for rehabilitation and related procedures, such as training and therapy.
- Biorobots: a group of robots designed to imitate the cognition of humans and animals.
- Telepresence robots: allow off-site medical professionals to move, look around, communicate, and participate from remote locations.
- Pharmacy automation: robotic systems to dispense oral solids in a retail pharmacy setting or preparing sterile IV admixtures in a hospital pharmacy setting.
- Companion robot: has the capability to engage emotionally with users keeping them company and alerting if there is a problem with their health.
- Disinfection robot: has the capability to disinfect a whole room in mere minutes, generally using pulsed ultraviolet light. They are being used to fight Ebola virus disease.
- Robots in healthcare
- Open-source robotics
- Robot & Frank
- ^ "Technology & Clinical Applications: Report". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- ^ Beasley, Ryan A. (12 August 2012). "Medical Robots: Current Systems and Research Directions". Journal of Robotics. 2012: 1–14. doi:10.1155/2012/401613.
- ^ Schweikard, Achim & Ernst, Floris (October 2015). Medical Robotics. Springer Science+Business Media. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-22891-4. ISBN 978-3-319-22890-7. S2CID 32424869.
- ^ Corley, Anne-Marie (September 2009). "The Reality of Robot Surrogates". spectrum.ieee.com. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- ^ "Pulsed (UV) Light". Top Wiki.
- ^ "Tech on Seeker". Seeker.
- ^ Bayot, Asher (November 23, 2014). "U.S. Military Robots To Join Fight Against Ebola". Inquisitr.
- Medical Robotics Text Book
- Medical Robots Conference
- Robotic IV Automation - RIVA
- Where Are the Elder Care Robots?
- Notable Chinese Firms Emerging in Medical Robots Sector (IEEE)
- Medical Robots- Towards Robotics
- Unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV)
- Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV)
- Intervention AUV (I-AUV)
- Remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROUV)
- Underwater glider
- Unmanned surface vehicle (USV)
- BEAM robotics
- Robot locomotion
- Autonomous robot
- Autonomous logistics
- Radio-controlled model
- Remote control vehicle
- Remote control animal
- Radio control
- Unmanned vehicles